- Sandra Cisneros, “You Bring Out the Mexican in Me”(via hush-syrup)
Quote from Favianna Rodriguez
- Sandra Cisneros (via chicanafem)
I “blame” the literature that I’ve managed to take ownership in. <3
'Frida' by Barbara Mujica
'Xicana Codex' by Cherrie L. Moraga
'Borderlands la Frontera' by Gloria Anzaldua
'Open Veins of Latin America' by Eduardo Galeano
'Mirrors' by Eduardo Galeano
'This is How You Lose Her' by Junot Diaz
'The Massacres of Dreamers: Essays on Xicanisma' by Ana Castillo
All books HIGHLY recommended.
Hi, I’m not sure if you’ve ever posted about Felicia Luna Lemus, but she’s a great Chicana queer fiction writer. She’s a professor at my university and she is so cool! Here is an essay she wrote about equal marriage, but her novels are really punk and bold! Anyway, check her out. Btw, I’m new to this blog, but I’ve already found so many other book/writers that i’m interested in! thank you!! xoxo
There are several! These I have either read myself or have been recommend to me and are on my TO BUY list.
- This Bridge Called My Back: This one’s a big one, and not too hard to find these days.
- Lorna D. Cervantes: Emplumada (A personal fav)
- Telling to Live: Latina Feminist Testimonios: This one is a personal favorite as well, and includes short stories and poems, and not only includes self identified Chican@s but Dominican, Puerto Rican, as well as lesbian/queer writers.
- Sandra Cisneros: My Wicked Wicked Ways
- Pat Mora: Dizzy in Your Eyes
- Tragic Bitches: A collaborative collection of Queer Chican@ Poetry by Adelina Anthony, Dino Foxx, and Lorenzo Herrera
- Three Times a Woman: another collection of various Chicana writers
Thank you so much!! I’m hoping to make more time to keep this updated so you can continue to use it as a resource! Hope this helps!! Anyone else, if you would love to add more please let us know! :D
Some of my favorites are
Loose Woman and Woman Hollering Creek by Sandra Cisneros
Chicana Falsa by Michele Serros
I Ask the Impossible by Ana Castillo (actually everything she’s ever written!)
Here’s are some higher quality photos of some prints that I’m currently selling in my etsy shop. I’ve been working on this series for about a year and I’m hoping to do my own version of each loteria card there is. I also have some shirts and a couple of dolls for sell too so please check it out!
Holy fucking shit yes!
Love these. Check this series out!
Please share! This free community workshop is intended for underrepresented students in higher education considering graduate school, and/or will be applying soon. It will include mentorship through the process of deciding graduate school programs, presenting a successful application (personal statements, letters of recommendation, GRE), and what to expect when you begin a graduate program. The workshop will end with a Q&A roundtable session with graduate students from different disciplines and walks of life, including nontraditional and first generation college students.
Creating Bridges through Mentorship: Applying to Graduate School Saturday, July 12th, 10am-1pm UTSA, Frio Street Building, 1.522
This Saturday, July 12th, 10am-1pm ! (: